SEASIDE RETREAT: Manhattan Beach, California
Truly envision yourself, alongside the beach with the salty sea breeze whiffing through your hair. Envision the surfers catching their swells, see the horizon in the distance knowing that out there could very well be the shores of Tripoli, or maybe even China. Once, you have envisioned all of that you will find yourself smack dab in the middle of the bustling beach side retreat of Manhattan Beach. Planes drone by, on its way to an exotic location somewhere in the world. LAX is actually not far from here, so once you land visitors do not have far to go for a wonderful day at the beach.
It is here where you will find a true typical L.A lifestyle with its bustling streets reminiscent to an 1940 Coney Island vibe. The possibilities are endless, you can sit down an a small cafe, go shopping at an nearby outdoors mall, and even go to a baseball field and imitate the greats like Babe Ruth. Pub crawls, and trendy restaurants line up and down this street. Coffeeholics don’t fret, there is a local Starbucks nearby. For the weary traveler, you will be faced with lots of choices, so I am going to recommend several restaurants to make your life a little bit easier. Just so you can enjoy the beach, and have an nice cup of joe and just hang loose.
- Pomodoro’s – Italian style restaurant, with delicious Italian Cream Sodas.
- Noah’s Bagel – reccomended for quick bites, the bagels range from $1.49 and come with an variety of Schmears(Cream Cheese)
– Get the Pumpernickel Bagel, with the Honey Almond Schmear. Trust me…..
– Paninis are scrumptious as well, the veggie is my personal favorite. There are more Panini choices to choose from.
- Jamba Juice– Smoothie world basically, they offer free boost(such as Protein, Energy, etc) It just simply the best for a hot day at the beach or just for an breakfast snack.
- Starbucks – It speaks for itself…..
- The Kettle – Perfect for a late night midnight snack, since its a 24 hour run restaurant.
Okay, all thats left to do is get your flip flops and your cool shades, head to the beach! What are you waiting for?!
P.S don’t forget your sunscreen!