December 21st, 2011 by Cherié
Out With The Old And In With The New..
As 2011 comes to a close…looking back it was full of highs and lows, it was a year that I will never forget. Traveling around the world has been a dream of mine ever since I was a little girl, and now I get to say that I actually accomplished that dream. Checked that off my EpicQuest list- done.
Last year I complied a list of “resolutions” with every intent to keep them. Did I fulfill them? Or did I break them all by January 2nd? Well… here’s a recap:
2011 resolutions: 1. “An apple a day keeps the doctors away”- Walk more, Bike more, Fruits and Veggies(Apples?) 2. “Sightseeing”- Visit Amazon Rainforest, the Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal, See the Hong Kong Light show at the Harbor. 3. “Marco..” Circumnavigate the globe(Semester at Sea!) 4. “Bold and Bolder” Do something daring- maybe Skydiving? 5. Spend more time with my family
Well…I am glad to say that I have upheld each one of those (a new record for me as far as resolutions goes!..) Now it is time for a new list… but this time with a challenge
1. Blog more and upload the mountain of posts from my Spring Semester at Sea voyage- finally!
2.Go back on Semester at Sea for a Summer Voyage (touching Europe and Morocco)
3.Take the Fall semester off and go to Thailand to volunteer at the Elephant Sanctuary in Chiang Mai, and partake in the Loi Krathong festival in November with a stop in Bali.
4. Start an Business, a online store perhaps?
5. Italia in April for the #TBU(travel bloggers unite) conference!
6. Volunteer more, at home and abroad, and to visit more Deaf schools and help any way I can.
7. Take my mom and sister on a vacation to France- a place they’ve always wanted to go..
8. Learn French(or French Sign Language for that matter)
9. Read one book each month (any suggestions would be great!)
10.Learn how to make a variety of international cuisine/cook more..(any recipes you are willing to share?)
There you go. My new years resolution for 2012.. And keep an eye out for upcoming posts about my #RTW trip around the world..